|Serostim for Lipodystrophy
Mar 31, 2003
I've read some recent news that Serostim can be used to treat certain forms of Lipodystrophy in addition to general wasting. Is there any truth to this? I am very interested and my Physician doesn't know the answer to this. Thanks so much for your help.
Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner
Recombinant Human Growth Hormone (rHGH) also known as Serostim, has been used in some trials to determine its effect on lipodystrophy-associated fat gain in the trunk area. At this point in time there is an understanding that reduction of central fat does take place, but that the dose of rHGH used is likely to be quite small (around 1 mg/day rather than the 6 mg/day dose used in wasting). See some of the links below:
- Ache In Testicles After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Blisters After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.