Serostim for Lipodystrophy

I've read some recent news that Serostim can be used to treat certain forms of Lipodystrophy in addition to general wasting. Is there any truth to this? I am very interested and my Physician doesn't know the answer to this. Thanks so much for your help.

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

Recombinant Human Growth Hormone (rHGH) also known as Serostim, has been used in some trials to determine its effect on lipodystrophy-associated fat gain in the trunk area. At this point in time there is an understanding that reduction of central fat does take place, but that the dose of rHGH used is likely to be quite small (around 1 mg/day rather than the 6 mg/day dose used in wasting). See some of the links below:

Effects and Side-Effects of GH for Lipodystrophy

Various Therapies to Manage Lipodystrophy

Testosterone supplements
Facial Wasting