I'm hoping this is the answer

hi dr. dieterich

I have a mysterious wasting syndrome - possibly due to an old cmv and epstein barr co-infection, and possibly due to a high cortisol level (the doctors are investigating possibility of cushing's). I was reading about the drug thalidomide. What is the latest word on this drug. Would it be practical to take a small dose of this to combat this miserable wasting? I don't want to mess my system up any worse than it already is. Should I try a cycle of deca first (with a doctor's prescription of course)? Between deca and Thalidomide, which do you feel would more likely restore my tissues to the way they were before the wasting began?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I would measure your testosterone first and then use a cycle of deca. It is less likely to be problematic. Thalidomide is a sleeping pill and can make you sleepy. Good luck! DTD

Lipodistrofia and how to eliminate
IS THIS LIPOATROPY?