|Hodgkins Diagnosis and simultaneous HIV testing
Mar 16, 2003
I have been reading a lot online about Hodgkin's disease, since I was diagnosed April 2002. I am now done with my treatments and doing great, however, I came across a lot of information linking Hodgkin's to HIV. My question is, are all Hodgkin's patients automatically tested for HIV? I read somewhere it is a standard test - is this true?
Response from Dr. Young
Certain types of malignancies are more common among persons with HIV infection than the general public. This does not mean that all persons with lymphoma have HIV.
Nevertheless, I'd think that it be reasonable to test. "Automatic" testing probably isn't always done, since there are many issues that govern regional medical practice. -BY
Bleeding From Anus when extreting stool
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Someone Get Std If They Get Fingered?
- Can Thrush Cause A Metallic Taste In Your Mouth?
- After Using Pep Is A Three Month Window Period Accurate
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.