Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

oxandrolone
Mar 14, 2003

How often is oxandrolone taken? I have so many pills to take with all of my HIV meds already and I'm afraid to add too many more.

thank you - wasting in LA

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

This depends on your daily dose and which strength is prescribed. There are 2.5 mg and 10 mg tablets. If you are prescribed a 20 mg daily dose with 10 mg tablets, you may be asked to take one tablet twice a day.

Keep an eye on your progress to reverse weight loss and be sure to maximize the effect by getting enough to eat and some physical activity to enhance the building of lean tissues.

Previous
About lipoatrophy
Next
Mitrochrondial = Lipo

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.