caution in food preperation

My son works in food preperation. He is concerned about cutting himself while cutting raw meat. He is paranoid about it. He knicked his finger the other day cutting meat. He threw away the piece of meat that he bled on. This I agree is necessary, but should he then be afraid to continue cutting when he has the bleeding stopped? Now I am wondering how many HIV people have bled on my food in a restaraunt and is it possible to contact HIV in this manner?

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

I will refer you to links for excellent answers to your question that still apply.

Foodservice Workers and HIV Transmission

Foodservice Workers and HIV Transmission (2)

COPD restricts my exercise regimen- is hgh contraindicated for my lypoatrophy?
About lipoatrophy