COPD restricts my exercise regimen- is hgh contraindicated for my lypoatrophy?

I have been living with HIV since 1985. I was dx with AIDS in 1996. My current drug regimen includes lamivudine, stavudine, nelfinavir and saquinavir. In the past 10 months I have lost a great deal of subcutaneous fat that once helped define my arms, legs and cheeks(both sets!). Serostim has been suggested as a compliment to my healthy diet and lifestyle. However, a dx of COPD has restricted the amount of physical exercise/activity I can endure and I have concerns about the use of serostim without being able to endure a once-easy gym workout. What are your thoughts on use of hgh in my situation? Thanks very much for you attention to my inquiry!COPD

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

First I would say that I am surprised that recombinant human growth hormone would be recommended for lipoatrophy (loss of fat). While COPD-related issues of muscle wasting might benefit from an anabolic medication, it is unlikely that you would regain any fat using growth hormone.

Check with your doctor to find out the reason for the recommendation for growth hormone. It seems unlikely that that this recommendation is linked with lipoatrophy. Best wishes!

painful nodules
caution in food preperation