Restore fat?

Is the testing around the anti-diabetic drug rosiglitazone seen as a preventive hope for lipoatrophy or is their reason to believe it may restore fat to the face? I have suffered fat loss in the face for over 5 years. Can I ever expect a solution, or is it permanent? Anything I can do or hope for as far as drugs go. I know all the plastic surgery options.

Thanks for all your advice and help. I appreciate it very much!!!

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

Rosiglitazone has been studied in a limited fashion in congenital lipodystrophy and in chronic HIV infection with lipodystrophy, both with some hopeful results.

Insulin resistance is the target here, so there is likely to be a role for diet and exercise in helping to improve insulin sensitivity. We may end up with a variety of options in combination therapy to deal with the problem (sound familiar?).

Best wishes on this.

Causes of lipodystrophy?
wasting question (lipodystrophy)