of lipodistrophy?

I survived 6 months treatment with crixivan years ago with just belly and little more. I have been on a couple of years of treatment now, and because I have gone down to 250cd4/15 and 102000 v.l. I am starting: 400 mg atazanavir 1200 mg fortovase 300 mg epivir 1 viread daily Does it neccesarily have to give me loads of lipo, or maybe it won't be as bad? I look quite ok now. What percentage of people develop lipodistrophy? Thank you.

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

The lipodystrophy you are referring to is in the category of physical changes. Atazanavir has had a more favorable profile for blood lipids and it has been speculated that high blood lipids may be a risk factor for physical changes. Tenofovir (Viread) has also been compared to other medications favorably. What percentage of people experience physical changes depends on what you read and who you talk to... Because HIV infection is long-term and chronically inflammatory, it seems likely that nearly everyone will experience some changes over time.

There is much more to this picture, however. Take a look at the risk factors you can do something about even more readily that changing medications to keep yourself looking quite ok. These include exercise, eating a healthy diet in a healthy way, stopping smoking, and limiting alcohol consumption.

Best wishes!

Elliptical Training Machine
never heard of this