Oxandrin

Hi I am many years Hiv+ and have lipoatrophy. Currently on androgel and on an hiv combination. I want to improve my physique and I was wondering if oxandrin is a safe option for me. Liver fuctions, kidneys all good. I am diabetic though and I was wondering if this steroid would have any effect on my sugar levels. Second, If I get on this drug, is it best to cycle it? If yes, what is the best cycle? Third, what is the best safest dose? Fourth, how long can anyone take this drug without serious side effects? Thanks for your time. m

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

Improving your physique will depend on hormonal normality as well as a good exercise program and adequate diet along with minimizing the effects of HIV infection. Whether or not oxandrolone (Oxandrin) is a safe option for you is something that should be discussed with your doctor.

Some information here might be helpful. Oxandrolone, as with other anabolic steroid therapies, should be used with caution in cases of diabetes. While this has not been a routine problem in patients, it is worth keeping an eye on it. And, as with other anabolic therapies, you must have an adequate diet to support the muscle recovery and building process. It makes sense to maximize any therapy toward improving your body composition, body function, and physique, it will require appropriate exercise as well.

There are many schools of thought on cycling. Because oxandrolone is meant to improve weight and outcomes, it may be good to look for those as "end points" to cycle off when you accomplish your goal. As with other forms of supplemental testosterone your body is likely to reduce its own production of testosterone because it receives feedback that you already have some around. If you plan to maintain your own body's production of testosterone, you will want to cycle off to allow your body to recover that function. You can be tested for testosterone levels from time to time to keep track.

As for best cycle to accomplish healthy outcomes, I don't think that has been established. Many suggest a 12-week on and 6-12 weeks off, but I don't know that it has been tested anywhere to the point of being a proven method of using anabolic steroids or other anabolic medications.

Serious side effects to-date have mostly been related to elevated doses (around four-times the recommended dose for oxandrolone, for instance) and with stacking (taking multiple types of anabolic medications). Recommendations are to stay within the levels recommended by the drug insert. Either way, you should plan on being monitored for liver function and lipid profiles on a routine basis.

Best wishes!

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!
HIV and medication naive