PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!

Dear Doc. Ill try to be concise; I am a 25 y/oman and I've been on HAART for the last 5 years. My ARV therapy includes Zidovudine Lamivudine/Nevirapine. Fortunately my healh is fine but I've got this thing on my belly, it always looks distended and swollen all over my stomach. I've heard that is called abdominal lipodystropy or also lipomatosis. This is bothering me A LOT since my job is closely connected to the outlook and physical image. Ive tried everything Ive been working out for hours in the last months everydays, doing strong aerobic exercises, lifting weights and swimming, and although my both B.M.I and weight are ok , I cant get rid of that damned fat! My body has absolutely changed! Ive been tested for GTT and I have no insulin resistance Besides, my hepatic funcion is normal. Last month I started taking Nandrolone and Testosterone since Ive heard that they could help on this. But up to now Ive not seen any change. I also started taking aminoacids supplementation because I am on diet. Finally I am considering liposupction, but some partners have told me that month from now I will get the same fat again. Considering the data Ive mentioned: What can you comment about it? Id really appreciate your feedback because I believe you are experts on this field. I am very down because I feel that no matter what I do I am loosing control over my body. What alternatives should I follow to recover my body armony. Best regards L.F

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Sounds like you have done everything right. I have heard of people reporting very good results with rosiglitazone and pioglitazone for body shape changes. There may be some low level insulin resistance that may be adding to your woes. Finally, it could just be age too and not related to HIV or treatment. Good luck! DTD

AIDS and Diabetes
OXYMETHOLONE FOR WASTING