AIDS and Diabetes

I have AIDS (diagnosed December of 2001) and I am a type II Diabetic (now insulin dependent). Is this situation common? Also, where can I find information about people who have both diseases. Neither, at the present time, are curable. We must live with them and maintain a positive attitude.

Jerry in St. Paul

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

It seems to be more common these days than ever. Take a look at this link:

Incidence of Diabetes in HIV Increasing

Most of the information I have found is from studies and such. Others are quite general. Most of the information is found in pamphlet form.

On the web you can look for diabetes information to help out with management at www.diabetes.org (American Diabetes Association). A general description of diabetes diet principles can be found at the link below:

Meal Planning & General Info

Best wishes!

am I wasting?
PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!