Small Fatty deposits over legs and stomach

I am writing in regard to Lipodistrophy. Aside from having a large stomach, I also have small fatty lumps all over my upper legs, upper arms on my stomach and around my torso. Can you give me any insight to this. I was also told that if one drinks grapefruit juice on a regular basis, the lumps will begin to disappear, break down the fat. Thank you, Daniel

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

Small fatty lumps can be "lipomas" and should be reported to your physician on your next visit, especially if they are growing pretty fast. Generally these are movable with your fingers and just under the skin. If this is the case then they can usually be removed if they bother you, but are not necessarily "lipodystrophy" and are unlikely to be "dissolved" by drinking grapefruit juice.

Put it on your list for your next provider visit!

lipo & insulin resistance
lipoatrophy of the sole