I can see veins in my legs

Hi, I have been HIV poz for about 4 yrs now. I have started to waste in my legs and arms you can see my veins. I'm on androgel and oxandrin for wasting and low test. Is there anything I can take or do to regain the fat in my legs and arms?

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

This is the big question right now. Because hypgonadism is associated with fat alterations (specifically visceral fat accumulation), keeping testosterone levels in a normal range is a good start. The addition of oxandrolone has the potential to help in preserving some subcutaneous fat. Reducing other risk factors is a good idea as well.

Regaining is another issue. Efforts to regain subcutaneous fat have been a bit disappointing to date (see link below; if you need to register to view this, it is free). Some researchers are continuing to look at the oral antidiabetic drug rosiglitazone as a potential treatment (see the second link below).

Report on Initial Rosiglitazone Reports

Rosiglitazone Study in Recruitment

sunken under-eye area
buffallo hump