Does this ever happen?

Hi Doctors, Is it possible or has it been seen when hiv+ on meds(including a pi) after about two years begin to experience an ever increasing belly but really nothing else? It should be noted weight is very stable as well as fat mass(has increased slightly about 3-4) other body masses are within limits. Lifestyle factors are extrodinarily good. Also triglicerides were mildly elevated once but have always been less than 100. However cholesterol always in the high 200's after starting pi, although normal previous to this current pi. Just recently through really strict diet (NO dietary sugar and a fibre rich diet) and supplements I have finally gotten my cholesterol under 200. So what I am asking is can my belly pooch be related to my drugs? No one in my family has a tummy so it is not genetic in nature. Thank you

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

There are so many different presentations of body shape and fat changes, I would have to say that it is quite likely that you could experience a particular type of change without experiencing several. Medications are likely to play a role, while that role is still controversial. Medications that can induce or exacerbate insulin resistance, glucose intolerance, a raise in cholesterol levels with a drop in HDL cholesterol could contribute.

From here you may want to check those factors: insulin resistance and impaired glucose tolerance as well as your HDL levels to see if there is another couple of ways to address the belly. Keep up the good diet and go for some exercise as well!

Best wishes!

I HAVE SEVERAL QUESTIONS!
how much is too much?