Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Cosmetic Surgery for Wasted Butt?
Nov 20, 2002

I'm a 38-year-old gay man. About a year ago, I had cosmetic surgery/treatment for facial wasting, using an Italian filler product (Bio-Alcamid) at a clinic in Mexico, with absolutely wonderful results. I might go to this clinic again for treatment of of my other "cheeks", my butt, but they aren't doing this procedure (not yet). My butt has wasted away so much that it hurts to sit on my tailbones for long periods of time, and cosmetically you can see my anus when I stand up (no "crack" left). I'm wondering if there is a way to exchange information with other guys who might have already had butt implants or other procedures to correct buttock wasting, and what they would recommend. How can I find people who might have stories or advice to share? Do you know of cosmetic surgical procedures that help restore wasted butts? I live in Los Angeles, so there are lots of plastic surgeons to choose from, but I don't know who or how to pick. Thanks!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I don't have any information on LA plastic surgeons. However, maybe by posting your question, someone will help us out and write in. Good luck! DTD

Previous
Lipodystrophy and Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy
Next
Facialwasting.org and deca durabolin

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.