|Is Facial Wasting Symmetrical?
Nov 16, 2002
I'd like to know whether Facial Wasting occurs equally across the face, or if it can occur on just one side. Maybe it's just ageing (I'm 40), but I've noticed that the left-hand side of my face seems slightly thinner and has a couple of lines which have appeared over the last few years. Thanks in anticipation from London/UK.
Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner
Facial wasting is not always symmetrical and I don't know whether that is an aging thing or chronic disease and treatment or all of the above (my guess would be a combination).
Along the same lines, fat deposits can also be asymmetrical (not the same on both sides).
wasting without losing weight
- Runny Nose Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- How Do You Know If You Have Anal Cancer?
- Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.