Wasting-Fatigue-Testosterone

I have stopped taking testosterone and oxandrin for wasting. Why? I just lost interest in maintaining weight (my belly fat is increasing, my limbs are getting more vascular and my face is thinning) and am generally tired all of the time---and so I've stopped going to the gym as well. I am exhausted at work, and come home and basically go to bed. I'm still taking my epivir/zerit/videx therapy and am losing weight--but my lab numbers have been good. It is just repulsive right now for me to restart the testosterone and oxandrin and gym routine. Any insight as to what is going on?

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

There could be a lot happening with you at this time. Burnout sounds like a real issue. The unfortunate thing about living well with HIV-related complications is that it takes work that only you can do. This can make the difference between "clinical success" and just good lab values.

My suggestion is to talk with your doctor and see about a referral to a psychologist and/or medical social worker who can help you sort out the burnout issues you may be experiencing. You owe it to yourself to give yourself a chance and make it quick to stop the downward spiral of weight loss and other physical changes!

Once stabilized, work with your doctor and mental health professional to take it a step at a time to reduce and reverse each of these problems and cope with the burnout that can accompany chronic HIV infection.

Best wishes!

ANY EFFECTIVE TREATMENT? WHAT ABOUT SEROSTIM?
Dangerous Foods?