|Women and Wasting
Nov 15, 2002
Are women more susceptible to AIDS wasting than men? My mother seems to be affected pretty badly and I was wondering if it is a result of her being a woman? Thanks so much, the website is wonderful.
Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner
A woman's body will respond differently than a man's. Research suggests a couple of things that may come into play for your mother: women may waste fat tissues more than men in the process of losing weight (not considering alterations in fat distribution) and women may delay seeking treatment or are less likely to take same options of treatment for wasting as men.
It would be a good idea to have an evaluation done to determine the type of tissue your mom is wasting. This will help to identify the best treatment options.
What is normal and what is not?
oxandrin for women
- Sex With A Prostitute Afraid I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.