low dose naltrexone

I have had six New-Fill injections over a period of a year now. They have been successful, though it is only now, after my sixth treatment that I feel the effects are lasting. Recently I discovered a website www.lowdosenaltrexone.org which may be of some interest to those who suffer from lipodystrophy, but are for whatever reason unable to take advantage of treatments like New-Fill. Apparently, Low dose naltrexone has been used with some success to treat people with HIV, AIDS (in conjunction with HAART) and a whole range of other conditions. One noticeable result of its usage has been the absence of lipodystrophy developing or over a period of months,its reversal. It is a prescription med, normally used in the treatment of narcotic addiction, but I think as it is reported as being virtually side effect free, relatively cheap and available in the U.S.(though not yet approved by the FDA) worth looking into.

I hope this proves useful to fellow sufferers.

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

Thanks for your comments! Before jumping quickly to yet another bandwagon, please check out the link below for some more complete information on our incomplete knowledge in this area.

STEP Ezine info on low-dose naltrexone and lipodystrophy

Lipoatrophy. Change in therapy?
cmv cause wasting?