Megace and Fat Gain

Would taking Megace help to replace some of the subcutanial fat that I have lost? If so, could a low enough dose be taken that it wouldn't effect my sex drive? If not, is there anything I can do to make it look better?

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

While that seems to make sense, I have not seen interest in such research. Perhaps the reason why is the potential for negative effects at the high level of therapeutic doses: such as loss of lean tissues, osteonecrosis, and additional hormonal imbalances (exacerbation of diabetes, drops in testosterone). It has been suggested by a number of physicians that megestrol acetate (Megace) can be used in combination with testosterone to counter some of these effects... but just for cases of wasting and weight loss.

Research now may be concentrating more on altering insulin resistance problems that may contribute to loss of subcutaneous fat and cosmetic solutions. There doesn't seem to be a "one size fits all" answer to this one. Some have seen terrific effects with cosmetic treatment, others regret it. Insulin sensitizers, particularly rosiglitazone, have not been well-explored at this point, but may show some promise in the near future.

B.I.A. testing
lactic acidosis