|Please Dr. Dieterich, advise me...
Sep 20, 2002
Dear Dr.Dieterich, I started HIV treatment on Aug 2001 with Norvir,Fortovase, Epivir and Zerit. In the last month, I noticed some sunk cheeks on my face and some ugly veins in my legs, arms and even on one side on my forehead. Do you think it's due to Zerit? What can I substitute it with? My VL is <50 and my CD4 212. Thank you for your answer
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is probably a mixture of HIV, the D4T and the protease inhibitors. I would switch regimens to a non D4T containing regimen with either Sustiva or Viramune. It would make your pill count smaller too. Nothing to lose by switching. Good luck! DTD
Papaya fruit confusion
- Can I Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Muscle Ache After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.