Papaya fruit confusion

I can confirm that garlic has the possible effect of causing strong nausea and loss of ballance when taken while on Norvir (Kaletra)as I wondered that night when it happend to me but after I read about it there came the "AHA" ! - effect... Look at your answers towards effects of papaya fruit/enzymes from July 29 th and 5th. They are contradicting. Once you say no effect but earlier you say effect well known with HIV meds ?

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

On the face of it I would say, "yeah, what's up with that?" Sorry to not be clear about the nuances.

The potential interaction with papaya enzymes (papain is listed) at an "external" intestinal level appears to not be significant. Apparently the enzymes are not likely to significantly decrease or increase the absorption of anti-HIV medications.

The potential interaction with papaya extract at the "internal" inside the body level appears to be primarily with blood thinners, but the processing of this food/extract may have the potential to interact (though I haven't heard of a case yet).

Check out the links below:

Project Inform's Herb, Supplements and HIV

Lancet review on herb-drug interactions

Supplements with.....
Please Dr. Dieterich, advise me...