|circles around eyes
Aug 17, 2002
Hi Dr, Could you please tell me why the veins around the eyes become more prominent and there seems to be dark circles around the eyes. This is the most distressing part of HIV+. My appearance is altered considerably by these circles around the eyes. They make me look very tired.
Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner
It could be that you have lost some fat under your skin which would make the veins more prominent and change the color of the skin. Subcutaneous fat would make light colored skin look lighter and less translucent.
- Can People Who Have Hiv Have Sex?
- Can Someone Catch Hiv By Using The Same Utensils?
- Can You Tell If You Have Hiv From A Regular Gyno Exam?
- If You Are Hiv Positive Are You Able To Get Disability Benefits?
- What Is Acute And Subacute Transient Peripheral Neuropathy?
- When Having Sex The Condom Broke Is It Possible For You To Get Hiv From An Infected Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.