Facial atrophy regarding eyes

Dear Cade,

3 months ago I switched to Sustiva, abacabir and videx. My viral load remain undetectable. I have lost some fat in my cheeks but loss of fat is really obvious around my eyes. Does having New Fill injected into the cheeks help the hollow sunken eyes at all? Can anything be done to regain the loss of fat around my eyes? Also do other people experience pain around and above their eyes and in their cheeks with facial atrophy?

Thanks so much for your time. Kind regards. Craig

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

While most of the correction I have seen in in the area of the cheeks, polylactic acid apparently can be used around the eyes. I imagine it would take great care and a good amount of experience (and maybe even artistic flair) to get it right. Generally it is used around the cheeks.

Facial pain has been reported. The pain issue seems quite individual. Or, perhaps many feel it and are not voicing that problem.

There has been a recent recommendation for facial exercises by a group in Brazil that tested a regimen. This group reported some improvement in visual appearance. In looking information up, I found a facial exercise for the eye area by "Facercise" writer Carole Maggio. She suggests making a strong squint with your lower lid while looking ahead for 10 repetitions. On the final squint, she suggests holding the squint and closing the eyes very tightly for 30-40 seconds before releasing. Ms. Maggio suggests doing this (and other facial exercises) twice to three times each day. Might be worth the try.

Best wishes on this!

depo testosterone shots won't show any difference.
Ouality vs Quanity of Life