|Surgery or Not
Aug 2, 2002
My partner has a hump on his neck from taking Viracept for 2 1/2 years. He was thinking of having surgery to remove this hump. Will it come back? He exercises and takes Sustiva, Combivir. Any suggestions?
Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner
Several reports of surgical removal of the dorsocervical fat pad have suggested mixed results. For the most part, the fat pad seems to return, but may be different from the original. Some of the patients I have seen have suggested that the pad may be less rigid on return and easier to live with. What the final answer is remains to be seen.
Can you clarify?
- Is Hairy Tongue A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sinus Infection Worried It Could Be HIV
- HIV Risk After Sex With A Prostitute
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Blisters After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.