Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

New-Fill experience
Jul 31, 2002

Hello I am writing today to share my experience with New-Fill. I am a 45 year old guy who had moderate facial fat wasting. In the past I have treated this with collagen shots. The results of this were very tempororay. It was expensive -about 900 for a 2-3 month fix. I then learned about New-Fill. As I live in San Diego, I was excitied to learn of a respected DR in TJ that had trained in France under one of the Drs who helped formulate New-Fill. So, after doing much research I too the plunge. After 6 treamments I have to say I am very disappointed. I have noticed absolutely no improvement. I feel that I have lost about $3500 (which would be a very low number in comparison to what it would have cost here in the states). I think if you doubled the number it would be close to what the cost in the US would be.) Now that I am not pleased with the results who do I turn to?? It is sort of hard to report a DR to the medical board in a foreign country.

I also heard a rumor from a good source that the Dr is an investor in the company who is manufacturing the new-fill.

I would strongly recommend those considering this to wait a little while to see what develops with silicone oil injections. I know of two DR out here who are using a "droplet formula". It is permanent and reported to be safe. I also know that in the fall the FDA will be going a large scale clinincal trial in LA about this treatment.

I hope that this helps. Neal

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

Dear Neal,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Experiences have varied widely between very happy to very disappointed. It sounds like you did quite a bit of homework on this one. Choosing the right treatment and experienced doctors is important. It is also important to remember that one person's miracle can be a disappointment to another because of the variation in individual results.

Best wishes in your next quest. -- Cade.

Previous
being pregnant
Next
Feeling Miserable

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.