|Papaya enzymes with protease
Jul 29, 2002
I am currently taking a papaya enzyme supplement for digestive purposes. Just noticed it also contains protease. Does this affect my HIV status in any adverse way?
Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner
There are many "proteases" in foods, your intestine, and supplements. It is a catch-all category of enzymes that break apart proteins. In this case, your papaya supplement has these enzymes that have an effect to break apart dietary proteins -- thus called a "digestive" supplement. It should not interfere with your HIV medications or status.
side effects of aids?
Alcohol and Combivir
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Condom Side Effects
- Does Antihistamine Help Atrophic Vaginitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.