how does buffalo hump figure??

DR.Dieterich, I appreciated your response to why lipo many not respond for a long time if at all when off medication.There is something I don't uderstand though.If mitochondrial toxicity can be pinpointed for the loss of fat as a result of fat cells dying and ab accumulation is a result of expanding fat cells,what do you think is behind the buffalo hump?It's beginning to become noticeable after years on meds(PI included)but instead of at the base of the back of my neck it is on the sides of my neck on top of my shoulders.I thought this was usually caused from mitochondrial toxcity but it is an accummulation of fat.Do these ever resolve with a discontinuation of therapy or is it like fat loss "here to stay"?Thank you

Response from Dr. Dieterich

This is a difficult one. Buffalo humps are rare and very unusual. It sounds like yours is very unusual. It may resolve slowly but may not either, just cant say. It also appears that there may be a genetic predisposition to buffalo humps even in people who are HIV negative. DTD

how much depo testosterone should I get???
High SGOT and SGPT in 32 yr. old male