The extremely rare cases???

Dear Dr. Dieterich,

In this site, From Dr.Dezube saying, "Basically, if you test negative at 6 months, then you are HIV-negative. The only way for you to become positive, as far as I know, is to be exposed to the HIV virus once again. So relax, and continue to practice safe sex."

But CDC said "It would be extremely rare to take longer than 6 month" I feel that there are some cases to take longer than 6 months.

A Korean Doctor said that one case from Africa to take 2 years from a AIDS magazine and he was not sure maybe if someone to take over 2 years later.

Do you think 100 is at 6 months? But CDC and the other expert said 99.9 is at 6 months. (including technical or human errors) But Dr.Dezube saying it is impossible to take over 6 months. I am soooooooo confused. I want to get the clear answer from these.

Thanks PS) hopefully expecting your quick answer.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There is no clear absolute answer. Nothing in this business is black and white and human behavior is also an unpredictable issue. You can never say never or always, there is always an exception to any rule. The CDC is probably right, there is always a small percentage of people that will either be not truthful about their behavior, or a small number of lab tests that will be wrong, so nothing is 100%. However I agree that you should stop worrying and practice safe sex. DTD

Aids 2002 Conference Findings for Lipodystrophy and Lipoatrophy
oxandrin dosage