Pulsing Meds

I'm a healthy man with advanced hiv disease. i work out regularly and eat extremely well but after several cocktails including a variety of meds I'm experiencing wasting, particularly the loss of ass (which I fear is irreversable). I'm considering pulsing my meds, one week on and one week off, but there's not much information on the subject. Do you have any advise or concerns? I lived through the early days of AZT and in theory, pulsing has the ring of truth - hopefully taking in half the meds may slow the side effects with the same benefits. Thank you!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There have been several looks at this strategy and it is a little worrisome because of resistance issues. The drugs have differing half lives and you can end up with monotherapy. Other regimens have been 6 months on and 6 months off or 3 mos on and 3 mos off. It also seems like you might benefit from testosterone and or anabolics like oxandrin. Good luck! DTD

Is it wise to own a newly acquired Stray Kitten.
Aids 2002 Conference Findings for Lipodystrophy and Lipoatrophy