Is it wise to own a newly acquired Stray Kitten.

I am HIV posisitive since 1988.I have recently acquired a stray kitten and would like to keep her. I took her to the vet and the vet mentioned that anyone who is immune suppressed probably should not handle kitty litter. Is this true? My t-cells are above 700 and VL is about 50. Should I consider giving my new companion to a pound and why?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

As long as your CD4 cells remain high it is not really a problem. The worry is toxoplasmosis and you can have your cat checked for that. Indeed if your numbers are that good you are not immunosupressed anyway. Good luck with your cat! DTD

True or not true
Pulsing Meds