Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

About New-Fill disapointment
Jul 5, 2002

Dear Cade, I just read about the disappointed user of New Fill and I have to say that my experience has been at the contrary very positive. I was lucky to see improvements from the first injection. I will soon go to Miami for my third treatment and I cannot wait.

I used to be ashamed of walking in the street and after the first treatment I already had lost that sick look of AIDS. It is important to understand (as was explained to me) that New-Fill is not a filler or a quick fix, but a medication that stimulates a person body to produce its own permanent collagen, and that takes some time. New-Fill may not work in people that have had prior treatments of either silicone or collagen because the New-Fill injections may not reach the skin as it needs to work, but it would be injected in the silicone or collagen itself making the New-Fill useless. A person with prior collagen treatments should wait at least 6-7 month until all the collagen has been re-absorbed.

After New-Fill is injected it is usually absorbed by the skin over a 7 to 10 day period. One should not be disappointed, the real gains from the injection may made between the second and forth week after the treatment. By the end of the third week is when the gain can really be noticed.

Each treatment of New-Fill stimulates the body to grow a 2 millimeters layer of collagen over a 4 week period. Usually 4 to 6 treatment are needed (in my case 4). I would recommend anyone suffering from this problem to consider New-Fill treatments. The benefits, physical and, more importantly, psychologial are tremendous.

I also would like to thank the Doctors that keep this board running because here is where I discovered about New-Fill. Information on cosmetic treatments and my doctor can be found at http://www.apexsouthbeach.com.

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

Thank you for your testimony. It sounds like you have found the right therapy for you!

As was mentioned, results and satisfaction vary widely in this area. No doubt that much of it is related to whether or not you are an appropriate candidate for a particular therapy, how savvy and experienced your doctor is, and your response -both positive and negative.

Thank you again for your thoughts and experiences on this topic. It is likely that different people will have a variety of results, so care in making such decisions is warranted.

Previous
silicone 1000 trials
Next
Megace? Good/Bad?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.