needs cholesterol in diet????

Please help -- have a desperate mother that suspects her son may have hep or aids and she over heard a phone conversation with a friend and he said he need a lot of cholesterol in his body now-- she asked me why and I thought I would ask you please help a little hx to help you. He recently experimented with crystal meth is a gay male and lifted weights. Would any or all of these have any reason for him to state that he needs more cholesterol? Please help if he is in "trouble" he is in denial at this point and we are just trying to take little clues and put them together so we can support him thank you hope to hear from you soon-- he has moved back home from NYC for "help." Thank you.

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

It sounds like the son has come to NYC for medical help and it will be appropriate to have his health care team address his needs. The question may be, does he want to share his problems and medical issues with his mother, which is something for them to work out.

As for needing more cholesterol, blood cholesterol levels can be low in a number of medical conditions. It is not generally treated by adding dietary cholesterol, but rather by solving the medical problem.

Best wishes to mom and son in working out their communication on these issues!

Sterostim and Excercise
coenzyme Q10: good or bad?