supplements

Would you please put in order the supplements that are beneficial to HIV people. I feel like I am starting to take too much. It just makes me dizzy to look at all those bottles. CoQ10, Alpha lipoic acid, fish oil, l-carnitine, NAC, general vitamin with lutene and Lycopene, etc. What is most important? What are the priorities? Also, is mor-andro safe to take? Thanks

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

Top priorities are control of the virus, immune restoration, nutritional maintenance, and exercise. Beyond that, supplements are exactly that: "supplements."

Each supplement is usually meant to target a particular problem in HIV disease. For instance, antioxidants for oxidative stress. While it seems reasonable to suggest supplementation for such problems, we lack an evidence base to make sweeping recommendations. So, we are pretty stuck with doing individual analyses and making tailored recommendations based on an individual's priorities and needs. In other words, what is recommended to you may not be appropriate for someone else.

I did spend some time looking up information on "mor-andro" and didn't find anything off of the commercial sites that was convincing. Also, I didn't find any warnings. It is worth keeping an eye out for good information on this and other substances, but I don't have enough information to provide a useful comment on this supplement.

Wasting or the Flu?
Cholesterin