Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Wasting or the Flu?
Jul 3, 2002

Hi guys, I am a 26 yr old guy that tested positive a couple years ago. I was unfortunate to have not been tested early enough, but recovered quite nicely. The past couple weeks, I have gone from diarrhea to constipation and fevers and headaches with fatigue. When that ended, I caught a cold. I called my doc's office and they said it just sounds like a bug, but I have now noticed that I have not had an erection (even in the morning) for over a week. This is highly irregular. Does the flu make your libido drop? My Viral load was 0 about a month ago and Tcells were at about 500. Thanks! Keep up the great work!

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

While you can certainly lose interest in sex any time you don't feel well, if it is an ongoing problem with a lack of morning erection it is worth checking out. If you have lost a significant amount of weight in the process of dealing with a "bug" your testosterone levels can be reduced.

Check with your doctor again and discuss the loss of morning erection if it continues to be a problem.

Previous
Megestrol + Restoring sexual function
Next
supplements

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.