|Oxandrin use with Hep C
Jul 1, 2002
Dr. Dieterich, I have a number of patients co-infected with HIV and Hep C that are currently on HAART therapy and Peg Intron + Ribavirin. Many of these patients have lost weight and I would like to know if Oxandrin would be appropriate for these patients. Thanks
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Sure. Oxandrin is a reasonably safe anabolic agent for the liver. Much safer than anadrol. As long as you keep the dose of oxandrin at 20 mg per day or less, liver toxicity is a relatively rare phenomenon. Don't forget that you often have to use testosterone supplementation along with oxandrin anabolic action and continue to monitor the AST and ALT monthly. Good luck! DTD
body mass/weight loss
- Cold Feet After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.