Oxandrin use with Hep C

Dr. Dieterich, I have a number of patients co-infected with HIV and Hep C that are currently on HAART therapy and Peg Intron + Ribavirin. Many of these patients have lost weight and I would like to know if Oxandrin would be appropriate for these patients. Thanks

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Sure. Oxandrin is a reasonably safe anabolic agent for the liver. Much safer than anadrol. As long as you keep the dose of oxandrin at 20 mg per day or less, liver toxicity is a relatively rare phenomenon. Don't forget that you often have to use testosterone supplementation along with oxandrin anabolic action and continue to monitor the AST and ALT monthly. Good luck! DTD

testorone patches...
body mass/weight loss