Follow-up Question

My Doctor wants to put me on Sustiva and Trizivir, is their a better combination?

I am reasonably sensitive to all drugs at this point and have been on Holiday during this testing period (About three months) Wondering what the best combination is to avoid Lipoatrophy.

Answer: There are no guarantees of course, because all drugs can cause problems. However the three d drugs, ddI, d4T and ddC seem to be more likely to cause fat wasting than AZT, 3TC Abacavir or tenofovir. The protease inhibitors can all cause some insulin resistance and therefore the large belly problem. So the best idea would be to try some of the easy nucleosides with one of the non nuc class, that is efavirenz, delavirdine or nevirapine. Good luck! DTD

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There is no perfect combination. That is a reasonalbe choice. Good luck! DTD

Combination Question
testorone patches...