Lipodystrophy so quickly?

Dear Dr. Dieterich:

I have been on Trizivir for 15 months after being diagnosed with AIDS back in Jan. 2001. I am UD and my CD4 is around 450. However, my face is looking horrible and I'm not certain if I'm losing fat or losing fat and muscle too. So many people are asking me "what's wrong with you" that I'm truly becoming paranoid. My own specialist claims that my facial lipoatrophy is not due to Trizivir. If that's the case, then what could be the cause? I had a heart attack last July and am taking Metoprolol? Could it be this medication. My doctor just started me on Oxandrin. Please, is a case like mine, to have facial wasting so soon, a common occurrence? I would sincerly appreciate your thoughts or recommendations.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

This is a very unusual case. Facial wasting is usually caused mostly by the d drugs, but can be caused by any nucleoside analogues, trizir being a combination of three. Facial wasting can also be caused by aging unrelated to HIV or HIV medication. As people age, they naturally lose subcutaneous fat and it is unavoidable. If your numbers are good, you can always take a drug holiday to see if your face improves. It should not be a major problem for your HIV. Good luck! DTD

deca-durabolin uses
Veiny legs and arms