megace for casual gainers

I belong to a Yahoo Group, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/guyguts , and one of its member is suggesting member seek to get prescriptions for megace for leisure gaining. I put a statement on the message board that megace was not to be used this way, which garnered an angry reply. Can you as respected professional clarrify the purpose of using megace and the dangers it posses for casual users. I worry some of the gainers may believe this guy that megace is harmless and seek to get it to the determinent of themselves and others.

Thank You for your prompt intervention in what may be a troubling situation.

Lenny Kap

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Megace is not an anabolic agent but is a female hormone in the progesterone family. It does cause weight gain by increasing the layer of fat around the body. It can cause menstrual irregularities in women. In men however it can cause large hips and abdomen and lower testosterone levels, thereby lowering libido and shrinking testicles. It should be used like any other agent with a regard for risks and benefits. Good luck! DTD

testosterone and pregnancy
deca-durabolin uses