Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

New Fills Disapointment
Jun 18, 2002

In regards to others in this forum, I have had two new-fills sessions and feel there is no improvement. I have a mild facial wasting and the Dr told me only two injections were needed, but I feel I look worse than when I started, and the effects of the injections are gone after a few days. Is this all just a big hype or a big scam?

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

There have been several comments on this forum about the successes and less-than-successful use of New-Fill. Why there is such a wide variety of experiences, I am not sure.

Previously another questioner asked for a listing of physicians who work with New-Fill. While this product and procedure are still under investigation there is no sure statement to make. I have seen some pretty impressive results with multiple treatments and some pretty dismal failures. I am awaiting a good answer on this by your side.

Meanwhile, my friends at Test Positive Aware Network (TPAN) in Chicago have put together a listing of doctors who are providing New-Fill treatments which you will find through the link below. Hang in there, many procedures and products are under investigation.

TPAN list of doctors providing New-Fill treatment

Previous
infant feeding choices for HIV positive mothers
Next
MAC & weight loss

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.