Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Androgel on my Butt?
Jun 13, 2002

Somebody told me that Androgel can be applied directly onto the buttocks and that it helps to firm up the muscles there. Do you think that is true? Would it be beneficial to apply Androgel there? Thank you.

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

Good (and fun) question. I will have to follow-up on an answer, but my guess is that it won't have as much of a local effect on buttocks muscles as you might hope. The effect we hope for from Androgel is a physiologic level of replacement. Exercising might augment the action of testosterone replacement on the muscle tissues.

While there can be local effects depending on where you put it, I don't think it will significantly effect the very large mass of muscle tissues in the buttocks before you find yourself overdosing.

Previous
how long
Next
Flat in the front & Hump on the Back

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.