Jun 13, 2002
I was diagnosed with AIDS last March. My t-cells were 22 and my viral load was 66000. My doctor said I also had crytococcal and esophogeal something. Now my t-cell count is 220 and my viral load is undetectable. I take viracept, combovir, diflucan, sulfa. My question is if I stop taking all of these when will I get ill again? Thank you.
Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner
I don't think that anyone could adequately tell you when beyond an educated guess. I have seen patients drop therapy and stay well for long periods of time and others who drop therapy and become ill very quickly. You will want to talk with your doctor candidly about your situation.
Androgel on my Butt?
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can I Use Vinegar To Find Out If I Have Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.