|Aids wasting syndrome (and TPN)
Jun 2, 2002
Where can i find a primary literature article about the effectiveness of TPN in patient with Aids Wasting Syndrome (including treatment)?
Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner
While total parenteral nutrition (TPN) is not widely used these days, there are some circumstances when it is quite appropriate (such as during acute pancreatitis). Thus, most research on TPN use in HIV disease was reported prior to routine use of HAART.
You can start by looking at Medline from the National Library of Medicine (link below) and entering key words TPN and HIV. Medline (PubMed)
Normal Period after infection and before syndrome
- What Does Wasting Syndrome Look Like?
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Take Pap Smear Test If You Are Virgin?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.