|Aids wasting syndrome (and TPN)
Jun 2, 2002
Where can i find a primary literature article about the effectiveness of TPN in patient with Aids Wasting Syndrome (including treatment)?
Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner
While total parenteral nutrition (TPN) is not widely used these days, there are some circumstances when it is quite appropriate (such as during acute pancreatitis). Thus, most research on TPN use in HIV disease was reported prior to routine use of HAART.
You can start by looking at Medline from the National Library of Medicine (link below) and entering key words TPN and HIV. Medline (PubMed)
Normal Period after infection and before syndrome
- Pain In Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Atripla And High Liver Enzymes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.