May 29, 2002
Dear Dr. Dieterich, I am interested in knowing if HIV/AIDS muscle wasting can precipitate a hernia and if using anabolic agents could ward this off. Thanks!
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Good question. Hernias are caused by a weakness in the wall of the abdomen. They are not related to muscle strength. Therefore anabolics will not help. You need to see a surgeon about this hernia. Good luck! DTD
Androgel didn't raise my testosterone
Tinitis and HIV drugs
- Can You Contract HIV From Dried Blood?
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
- Masturbation With Saliva Risk Of Getting HIV
- Odds Of Getting HIV Vaginal Sex Without Condom
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Are Red Spots A Sign Of HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.