Androgel didn't raise my testosterone

I'm 50 and have used both Androgel and Andadrol for lipodystrophy and wasting over the last two years, cycling on and off to avoid testicular atrophy. I've also had erectile dysfunction. I recently went off androgens for nine weeks to get a new testosterone baseline after an endocrinologist recommended doubling the Androgel to 10 grams/day and not using Anadrol. After nine weeks off my total T was 329ng/dl, free T was 84pg/ml. I began using the 10 grams of Androgel. After 30 days the lab result was total T=394, free T=89.5 -virtually unchanged. My doctor doesn't know what to say. I read that there has been one Androgel recall due to subpotency. Does it seem unlikely that someone taking a 10 gram dose wouldn't increase more? My symptoms did improve briefly, but I used medicine from a different lot during the last three weeks. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I have not heard of bad batches. I have however, heard of people not responding to Androgel. Some people do not absorb the testosterone well. I would try injectable testosterone at a dose of 200mg per week and then titrate the amount to keep you feeling well. Good luck! DTD

fat gain and loss reversible
hernia