Please answer my question, I am scared???

Hello Doctor,

Please doctor anwser me, I have tried writing 3 times already.

I had unprotected sex 28 days ago today. On the 10th I experienced a severe rash hives and the next next day swollen glands. I went to my dermatologist he gave me antihistamines and the rash although very very minor went away.

The swollen glands remained for 4 more days and went away. I went to my regular doctor and I had blood test (although I know there is a 3 month window) everything came back normal. I had no viral infection. I feel very good now but worried to death that the hives are as a result of primary HIV.

Can you please tell me me if you have ever heard of hives as being a possible symptom primary HIV. I had no fever or flu like symptoms.

Thank tou so much for taking the time

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

If you are concerned that you may have HIV infection, you should seek counseling from an HIV center and possibly have periodic tests done. The PCR test that is employed is considered quite good.

Beyond that, hives can be caused by a number of things and it may be worth pursuing diagnosis and treatment by a dermatologist.

New Fill in NYC
Other causes