|weight loss occurence
May 21, 2002
Is the weight-loss sydrome prevalent as a chronic condition or does it just occur during the acute viral infection and then later in the very late stages of hiv early aids?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Wasting is a large basket of diseases that can occur at any time during the course of HIV. It can be caused by many things including HIV itself,opportunistic infections and HIV medications. Each case has to be evaluated individually for causes and treatments. DTD
- How Soon Does Weight Loss Usually Occur After Infected By HIV/AIDS??
- Can Hepatitis Cause Excessive Saliva At Night?
- Can You Get Genital Warts If You've Never Had Sex?
- Blood Transfusions For AIDS Patients
- Can You Catch Hiv On The First Exposure To Hiv?
- Can You Get A Disease From Frottage?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.