into stomach lypo

I have been told by my GI specialist and HIV doc that my inability to digest food, and excessive bloating (as big as a women would be at 6 or 8 months of pregnancey), after I eat is due to lypo in the stomach. Because of this problem I am eating only one day a week. They took me off my HIV meds, have been undetectable since March 96 and remain so 4 months off meds.

I have had major lypo in face, butt, vascular legs and arms.

On serostim & oxandrin for those. But for stomach they have me on one tablet calcium twice a day after meals, ultrase 2 caps three times a day after meals, and now for two weeks Avandia once daily. Since adding Avandia it has not improved, and I am hungry but afraid to eat.

Is there anything else I can do? Have tried the Atkins diet but that did not help.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Sounds like you are doing everything possible. Have you excluded milk from your diet? You should definitely do that! Give the Avandia more time to work, it can take weeks to months to change your look. Otherwise, I don't have any other suggestions. You are getting everything possible. Be patient! DTD

headaches from sugar
Is NAC Beneficial?