headaches from sugar

I've developed a problem over the last few months. I get a headache from sugar or things with a high glycemic index (eg white bread, pasta, white rice) fairly quickly after I ingest such. So now I stay away from those things - eat a lot of brown rice (which I guess is healthier anyway). Never had this problem prior to a few months ago. I mention it to my doctors and they have no answer since my blood sugar levels are always normal. But this new intolerance to certain carbohydrates concerns me, especially with a storng family history of diabetes. Fortunately, my viral load is undetectable with the regimen of sustiva, epivir and viread. Im 35 and otherwise doing fairly well - except for longstanding issues with fatigue (but thats not the question here). THANKS for any insight you could give.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

You might be in the early stages of insulin resistance or type II diabetes, althought that is a long shot. You can ask your MD's to check a hemoglobin AIC and an insulin level which are more sensitive than blood sugars. Otherwise you will just have to eat healthy! DTD

lypo causes hernias?
into stomach lypo